How can you assist?
We are asking for your support in our Gift of Sight Trust Charity Golf Day on 14 October 2021. If you are able to assist us, we need sponsors and items for the auction.
She left for India on tourism road show in Jan 2013. Only to wake up in January 2014, with no sight in her right eye and 20% partial sight in her left eye. These two events were not as unrelated as you would imagine. As a Type 1 diabetic, I contracted TB in India. Raging untreated for 10 months took its toll and one month after she started using the TB medication, I had a massive haemorrhage behind my eyes, that tore the Retina and blood seeped into the vitreous white gel of her eyes and left her instantly blind. A side effect of Diabetes and TB medication.
A full year she searched for an Ophthalmologist willing to treat me, even though she had no Medical Aid. Tygerberg Hospital told he to “Go home. Nothing we can do for you.”
Through the grace of God she found Dr Krüger and her vision was restored to 50% vision in her right eye and 95% in her left.
Unfortunately Marinda passed away in a tragic accident in 2021. The Gift of Sight will continue do the amazing work we do to honour her memory.
Dr Krüger operates on more than 10 people just like her, free of charge, every year as part of the Right to Sight campaign. He would like to do so throughout the year and not only during the month of October. The reason we started the Gift of Sight Trust together.
We would like to appeal to you to work together with Dr Krüger, to eliminate avoidable blindness and give the #GiftofSight.
We have our 6th Gift of Sight Charity Golf Day on 14 October at the De Zalze Golf Course in
We can only achieve our goals with your help.
If you are a private individual or a company, there are many ways to support the work of the Gift of Sight Trust. Without your sponsorship, gifts and donations, we would not be able to extend the hand of opportunity and work together to eliminate avoidable blindness.
The Gift of Sight Trust is a registered entity and all funds donated are audited by the registered auditor.
How can you give the #GiftofSight?
- Book a Fourball for the Charity Golf Day at R8000
- Sponsor a hole for R2,500 and earn the right to offer food or beverage at the hole
- Brand the Halfway House, Registration Table or Dinner Function for R2,500
- Donate a Prize to the Fourball winners
- Donate items or vouchers to be auctioned
- Make a Donation of your own value
- Sponsor Goodie Bags to be distributed to players before the start of the day
- Provide Entertainment for the Charity Golf Day
- For Bookings/Sponsorships, please contact 083 422 6900 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for extending a hand of help and making a difference.